The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 02 F250 4x4 super cab with an 8ft bed, 6 speed manual with 58,000 original miles on it. This is my first with the 6spd any thoughts on that tranny? Things I need to watch out for with the 02?

·
Super Moderator
25,023 Posts
Good buy :thumbsup:

The ZF6 is a very tough tranny. A little noisy at low speeds (called gear rollover noise), but nearly indestructible if you maintain the lube in it.

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
1 tidbit that Kevin will verify. When you get your tuner (such as a DP-Tuner) make sure and ask for the linear pedal response option. The standard pedal option will be very jumpy on a standard transmission.

·
Super Moderator
25,023 Posts
What RT said about a tuner. The Caffeinated versions are a dentist's friend and driveline's enemy around town in lower gears.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Good advice on the pedal!

Had a friend who had 160/30’s, a very stiff clutch, and standard dp tunes.
It was a little touchy Haha

Use a quality fluid to help with rollover noise.

I’d heard great things about redline

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I could have swore the 02 was the model that self destructed at 60K. Idk, maybe I'm just getting old. I put over 450K miles on my 99 ZF-6. In that time, I replaced 2 clutches, 1 of them because it fragmented. That was an AutoZone clutch. I was pleased to drive it, but am also pleased to drive my 01 auto. That means I can drink coffee and drive at the same time in the city

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
I could have swore the 02 was the model that self destructed at 60K.
Yeah, I think you're right. OP, I think it would be best if you sold that truck to me for parts. I'll give you $50 sight unseen... 0:)

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
What if I told you I paid $11,000 for it? ?
You should have played the mega-million lottery because that was your lucky day.

Last truck you will ever need to buy.

Just follow the wisdom and experience of the guys on here.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Only thing I would say is make sure the harness on the driverside valve cover isn't chaffing and check the fuel line on the passenger head for the same. Other than that, just regular maintenance.

Only $11K? Were there bodies in it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only thing I would say is make sure the harness on the driverside valve cover isn't chaffing and check the fuel line on the passenger head for the same. Other than that, just regular maintenance.

Only $11K? Were there bodies in it?
Hahaha no bodies, elderly woman owned it since her husband passed away 10 years ago. She didn’t want it to go to waste. Paint job is crappy. Something defective about it. But it still looks nice unless you get up really close.

Another question. It has the center console, can you remove that and just bolt in the 40/20/40 split bench?

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
REO- you have private messaging turned off, so I can’t reply, but http://www.dp-tuner.com is where you want to go.

Also, yes - any seat configuration will bolt right in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
How come everyone is assuming he wants to run tunes on it? Did I miss something?:icon_confused:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wow you stole that I paied $10,000 for mine with almost 200,000 miles on it. I would have paid 15,000 for yours.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I pmed you with some info on center seat I bought mine on ebay

1 - 20 of 29 Posts