The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently had a couple brake lines blow out due to rust I think so I replaced every single line on the truck with stainless steel lines, I bled the brakes after replacing all the lines and now the truck shakes almost as if it has warpped rotors but I know they are not ! I did some reading and found out sonce all the lines had been removed and the master cylinder went dry I probably needed to bleed the ABS system so I bought a diagnostic computer that does that and bled the ABS, now the truck still does the same thing, last year O had replaced the caliper and brake hose on the drivers side so I figured maybe I was having issues with a hose or caliper on the passenger side so I replaced both the caliper and hose on the pass side, now the truck is still doing it. Anyone have any ideas????? Could a master cylinder create a shake like this? Almost feels like clumps of mud on my tires when I brake I guess is how I would explain it and yes there seems like there is a bit of travel in the brake pedel but these brakes on these trucks always felt different to me probably since they are assisted by the power steering pump or whatever but...... Any ideas what it could be? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys, I recently had a couple brake lines blow out due to rust I think so I replaced every single line on the truck with stainless steel lines, I bled the brakes after replacing all the lines and now the truck shakes almost as if it has warpped rotors but I know they are not ! I did some reading and found out sonce all the lines had been removed and the master cylinder went dry I probably needed to bleed the ABS system so I bought a diagnostic computer that does that and bled the ABS, now the truck still does the same thing, last year O had replaced the caliper and brake hose on the drivers side so I figured maybe I was having issues with a hose or caliper on the passenger side so I replaced both the caliper and hose on the pass side, now the truck is still doing it. Anyone have any ideas????? Could a master cylinder create a shake like this? Almost feels like clumps of mud on my tires when I brake I guess is how I would explain it and yes there seems like there is a bit of travel in the brake pedel but these brakes on these trucks always felt different to me probably since they are assisted by the power steering pump or whatever but...... Any ideas what it could be? Thanks
2002 F-250 power stroke 7.3L

·
Registered
639 Posts
Have you checked to see if the wheel bearing might be the culprit and not the brakes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, dont think it is a wheel bearing, truck is quiet till I hit the brakes and doesn't have any miles on it since it blew the brake lines and it was fine before. I have had quite a few wheel bearings go bad in vehicles before and this sure doesn't seem like that but thanks ! 😀

·
Super Moderator
26,395 Posts
You may want to also bleed the master cylinder if it went dry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You may want to also bleed the master cylinder if it went dry.
I am considering 🤔 just replacing it as that slider that is inside and the cups or whatever i am sure moved outside it's usual travel, kinda like i said the pedel feels kinda sloppy and not tight on top but these trucks brakes always feel different to me, don't they to you guys since they use a different power system off the power steering pump instead of vaccum??????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drove the truck back to work after lunch and the dash brake light came on so hopefully the diagnostic computer can now maybe shed some light on what the issue may be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts