The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The coolant on the truck is leaking. The coolant is dripping out over the crankshaft pulley. I think it is from the water pump and/or its weap hole. I does not leak when you first start it up and until it heats up. Also, does not leak when it cools down. But I am curious is it possible that the thermostat is jammed and this is what is making the water pump leak?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
most of the time when it leaks it's time to be replaced at least on mine that was the case

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
The coolant on the truck is leaking. The coolant is dripping out over the crankshaft pulley. I think it is from the water pump and/or its weap hole. I does not leak when you first start it up and until it heats up. Also, does not leak when it cools down. But I am curious is it possible that the thermostat is jammed and this is what is making the water pump leak?
No its the shaft seal leaking. The weep hole is on top of the pump casting.You cannot see it because the pulley is covering it.Done alot of them in Internationals not fun but entirely do-able. but there are way worse things to repair on this engine you would not want any part of trust me :icon_wink: Remember the fan hub is left handed thread.If you dont have the tools to do it dont torture yourself Lol.............

·
Registered
657 Posts
Had the same leak tore my truck down only to discover that it was the water temp sending unit that was leaking. I just went ahead and changed the water pump anyway. I think it is common for that sending unit to leak. The path the water took made it look like the water pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts