The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some problems clearing this code on my truck. It's a 2003 7.3 with a tuning kit. I've restored everything back to stock but can't figure out this code. I've had this truck for three years and have already replaced the ICP sensor. I know the DTC P1316 code has to do with the IDM and/or the injectors, but the truck runs fine with no misfires, no smoke and starts in the cold. I'm trying to get my hands on something to do a buzz test, but does anybody have any advice or can someone point me in the right direction in the meantime?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,979 Posts
You have to do a buzz test to reveal those IDM codes. Post your location if you want. Someone close might have a scanner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,160 Posts
Do you know if the innova carscan 5210 would work for the idm?
Very doubtful, it being an entry level scan tool. It takes a fairly advanced scan tool to work on the 7.3L.
Lots of guys use ForScan and an OBD plug-in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn’t have time to get a scan but when through and ohm tested the plug ins on the top of the valve covers. They’re all getting power and the glow plugs are good. It’s past the 275,000 mile mark so I’ll just replace the injectors anyways. Thanks for the help. I’ll definitely look into the ForScan for the future

1 - 5 of 5 Posts