The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. The door unlock switch drivers side only is very intermittent . It works fine when locking the doors but won't unlock them. Replaced the switch and no change. Button on passenger side works fine. Drivers side unlock button rarely works. Any ideas on where to look next?

·
Registered
27 Posts
door lock actuators are very common in these trucks. you changed the switch and not the actuator? actuator is easy. im sure theres a video online but i can do them in about 15 minutes. and i have fat hands.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Or your door lock button is bad. Your issue seems a bit unclear to me. Sometimes there's luck to be had cleaning the switches. Or just swap it out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or your door lock button is bad. Your issue seems a bit unclear to me. Sometimes there's luck to be had cleaning the switches. Or just swap it out
I am,referring to switch inside truck in door panel.

I did install new switch and had the same issue. I can lock truck from drivers side lock button but can not unlock doors, passenger side works fine and remote button works fine locking and unlocking doors. The only function not working is unlock from drivers side button

·
Registered
27 Posts
Still sounds like bad switch check harness that the switch goes into check for a loose or burned pin?

Put a test light in all pins and make sure they all illuminate. I like power probes they show ether 12v or ground

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
A little late, but the lock switches on the doors are in the latches, flooding the latches with WD40, PB Blaster or like will sometimes free them up. Have to do it to all the doors, can't tell which one may be effecting it. Open and close doors, lock and unlock several times after flooding. Keep a rag handy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts