The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had the truck for say a month. 2003 F250 Lariat FX4 6.0 powerstroke with a 5r110 and a manual shift transfer case. Manual locking hubs. It has bigger injectors, exhaust and is tuned. I recently got on it hard and broke the ears off the drive shaft where the rear u joint connects the shaft to the drive shaft yoke for the rear end. So I needed to limp it home a mile and I put it in 4 low. Long story short I didn't think 4 high was working. The front lockouts wouldn't lock. Then I finally got them.
Got up to about 4 or 5mph in 4low and it locked up so hard it was like if I put it in park while moving and almost threw me into the steering wheel. Anyway I thought maybe it was just cuz the rear shaft was out. But it did it again. I got home pulled the front half of the rear shaft out and put it in 4 high and it made it to 10mph before it locked up. I then waited for my drive shaft to be fixed replaced it and in 4wd even with the shaft back in it still locks up. I put it in 2wd and once I got to 15mph it locked up but this time I didn't feel it in the front like when 4wd is on. I only felt the rear tires drag when it locked up. A buddy of mine that was a master Ford technician suggest I pull the drain plug on the transfer case and thinks it's possible to be my issue. I've got another friend also a mechanic but not a master ford tech and he thinks it's in my rear end. This Saturday I plan to look at both. I can't find anything online about this. Has anyone experienced this? Oh and when it first locked up in 4wd it made the ebrake light come on on the dash. It's no longer there now but was when it Locked up in 4wd.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts