The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2003 f250 7.3l and I just bought it drove it home and the next day I drove it to work but it died so i thought i was out of fuel so i filled it and primed it changed oil and filters still no go no power like it dont wanna push itself hills I have to be in 4x4 low to even try and on top of that cold starts are a no go I have to warm it then spray it for it to catch then i changed the icp and the ipr nothing still acts like im not getting any forward or reverse power and it hesitates when I push the gas revs high like it wants to shift but stays going slow like revs really high any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
1. DO NOT use ether (starting fluid) on your truck. It has glow plugs that could ignite the ether prematurely and cause damage to the engine or to you.
2. Check for adequate fuel flow by opening the drain valve on the fuel filter and turning the key to ON. You should get a healthy stream out of the drain tube under the front of the truck toward the passenger side (a catch pan would be a good idea). If you don't get good flow, you may have a bad fuel pump or clogged filters inside the fuel tank.
I would recommend you get a scan tool on it that will monitor parameters (auto parts store free scans won't work).
Check for the following while cranking:
Engine cranking RPM > 100
Cranking battery voltage > 10V
Injector Control Pressure > 500 psi
Injector Pressure Regulator duty cycle < ~35%

If you're having tranny problems, that's another issue. It may be time for a tranny rebuild.

More detail on your symptoms (and a little punctuation ;) ) would help us help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so i have no cluster except abs and battery light.but have a good amount of fuel that comes out as for the pressure test, I'll be doing that soon. For the scan tool I guess I'll need to find someone who has one or take it to a shop to do it. Oh and it has the electronic pedals. No tuner setup cuz if its hooked up it kills it and wont let it start at all. Just a long list of things ive noticed and been fixing what I can with what I know. But I'm down to asking for help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This happened to me when I bought my 2000 7.3. was so excited to buy it I didn't notice. Engine must have been warm when I test drove it, had to replace all the injectors to get it going after I got home. But troubleshoot first, yours may be something else.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,939 Posts
You can download Forscan at www.forscan.org free. Then get an ELM327 adapter to plug into the OBDII port. I bought one from Amazon for less than $30. With Forscan you can read all codes and log data, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts