The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this the other day in the General Questions section for 99-07's. Thought maybe someone in the Towing group would also have some insight.

Just acquired a 2003 2wd 7.3/auto F550 Lariat C/C Fontaine Classic Traveler conversion. One owner until last year. Has currently 68,930 miles on it. Intended use is taking tractors to and from farm and occasional tractor show/auction. Wanted something that would handle a bigger flatbed gooseneck with multiple tractors on it from time to time. Now for my first of many to follow questions.

I have a basic understanding of the air ride suspension. It did not have an owner's manual from Fontaine with it, but the system appears to function as intended. However, I do think there is a leak somewhere. It does not hold inflation after shutting down. It will take about 5 minutes for the
to go off after a cold startup and, even when full, the compressor continues to short cycle to maintain
. Does anyone have first hand experience with these systems or an operation manual? I believe it to be a Reyco 345P based on date of manufacture. I do think the compressor has been replaced at some point, as it is now in the storage box in the bed. I understand originally it would have been on the frame somewhere? Also, at some point another line has been tapped into the supply with a Schrader valve inside the front fill door for manual filling I presume.

The Transfer Flow system appears to operate correctly and it did come with a manual for it.

Fontaine bed is in great shape. One or two small "web" lines in the gel-coat at one fender, but nothing major. I assume the proper care (cleaning/wax) for this bed would be with products for fiberglass/gel-coat boats?

Right now getting a handle on the air suspension it the is priority for me. Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well that didn't cut and paste well at all. Sorry about that. I'll try again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts