The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the two rubber lines from the bottom of the upper filter housing that go to the frame filter housing. I have searched high and low for the part numbers. I must be calling them something wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brad

·
Super Moderator
25,205 Posts
I can't find them either. Is there possibly a tag with a PN on the originals that is still readable?
If that doesn't work, call the guys at Autonation Ford White Bear Lake (phone # at the bottom of the page). They should be able to help you out and sell at a discount from list prices.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No tags that I have found yet. Next call is to a dealer I guess.

Thanks for the recommendation

·
Registered
4,926 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I am looking at that tube correctly, I think the rubber hose connects to it making it a flexible connection to the frame side.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
This is what I show for the connection at the regulator

Edit - I see what you are talking about now, my apologies. The flexible part is not a separate hose. It is a permanent part of the tubing run between the regulator and the HFCM (on both the supply and return tubing runs).

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Edit - post deleted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very odd, no wonder I am having trouble. Mine appears to have clips like the 7.3. Like these.
Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Very odd, no wonder I am having trouble. Mine appears to have clips like the 7.3. Like these.
Thanks for all your help.
View attachment 157138
I edited my post above, sorry about the confusion. On the OEM ones, the flexible portions are a permanent part of the hard tubing, not a separate part.

The lines are shown in the video below at about 2:47

·
Registered
6 Posts

3C3Z9J338AA
This is your part number and sits on the frame driver side, runs aft ...............be aware Ford/Int'l made a design change at the secondary filter that affects the steel tubes (different part numbers than the above) running from the secondary filter down to this part -- all years for the 6.0L series have "quick connects" where they terminate at the above part number; however, the connections at the secondary filter may be different -- some use ORFS (flat faced w/orings), some use banjo (similar to the connections at the heads).

You can attempt to replace the orings in the above part number (that's normally the only problem) -- it's "possible", but tricky........

1579623107572.png

1 - 11 of 11 Posts