The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.struggling for help in Australia.
Truck was using oil and all indications lead to injector orings being replaced. Idle was spiking between 650 and 750 rpm so replaced it which solved idle. Since injector orings replaced the truck when in drive or reverse with foot on brake feels like it's running rough or a slight miss. When I drive it and give a bit of pedal it will through the engine light. P1211
Thanks
Dutchy
Hpop and engine oil replaced.
Driven about 170 miles (330km) since orings
Truck has 180000miles (286000km) on it

·
Super Moderator
26,649 Posts
  • DTC P1211 indicates that injection control pressure was above or below commanded desired pressure during self test mode.
  • Possible causes:
    • incorrect oil or viscosity
    • poor oil quality
    • gel fuel/no fuel
    • low fuel pressure
    • damaged IPR valve
    • high-pressure oil system leak
    • damaged high-pressure oil pump
    • damaged PCM
First thing I'd check is the tin nut on the back of the IPR. If it's loose or missing, the IPR coil can slide around on the shaft and not control HP oil presslure correctly. It's also possible your mechanic messed up the ICP wiring.

This all assumes that your Aussie 7.3 controls are the same as the US ones that were discontinued in mid-year 2003. I suspect that they are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
  • DTC P1211 indicates that injection control pressure was above or below commanded desired pressure during self test mode.
  • Possible causes:
    • incorrect oil or viscosity
    • poor oil quality
    • gel fuel/no fuel
    • low fuel pressure
    • damaged IPR valve
    • high-pressure oil system leak
    • damaged high-pressure oil pump
    • damaged PCM
First thing I'd check is the tin nut on the back of the IPR. If it's loose or missing, the IPR coil can slide around on the shaft and not control HP oil presslure correctly. It's also possible your mechanic messed up the ICP wiring.

This all assumes that your Aussie 7.3 controls are the same as the US ones that were discontinued in mid-year 2003. I suspect that they are.
Hi mate
I have ordered new ipr. Should arrive next week and will get mechanic that did orings and new injector 8 to install . If this doesn't fix the problem I'm thinking they have something wrong under the rocker covers. Electrical or pinched oring? It wasn't making the shutter ,vibration maybe miss in drive or reverse with foot on brake before they did the above work. Just noticed my first post missed we have replaced icp sorry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts