The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck has 160k on it, has New Turbo, EGR 30k ago, FICM 10-15k ago. This morning I pulled into gas station after 40 minutes highway drive, noticed it was running rough at idle, like a miss. I shut it off and went inside, came back out started it was still running rough. Drove on to work, checked it out more during my lunch. I've got a SCT X4, so I looked at Codes None, checked FICM 49V. I drove to store, it ran decent off idle, but missed at idle. I noticed while driving under light accelerator it was producing light black smoke. After lunch i was checking, and it started running worse, wouldn't rev up in gear. I then noticed that it didn't want to rev up in park. I'm new to the diesel world.... Any Help???? Fuel Filters I bought with 117K, and haven't changed them??? Also truck is due for Oil Change (5000 Mile) and Air Filter.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Are you saying the fuel filters haven't been changed since 117k and now the truck has 160k on it? Fuel filters are to be changed every 12.5k max per Ford service manual. I change mine every 10k because its just easier to do them every other oil change. Clean fuel is of incredible importance in any Diesel. If the filters haven't been changed in that long I would certainly start there.

After that first order of business would be to install the blue spring kit if that hasn't already been done. Fuel pressure is also incredibly important, and low pressure will kill injectors in a matter of seconds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts