The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am installing aftermarket seat heaters in a cab and chassis f550 ( now has a flatbed on it, in it's first life it was a wild land firetruck).

Anyway I would like to tap into the factory fuse for heated seats. My owners manual says it is fuse number 109, 30 amp. That would be excellent and the circuit is rated for 30 amps, more than the 20 amps needed. all the rest of the install is done, I just need a power supply and using the fuse box seamed like the most execellent idea. just a wire color or a way to tap into the wire and circuit for fuse number 109,

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Fuses labeled "F2.***" are in the instrument panel fuse block
  • Fuse F2.109 - 30A Wire Color: Red /Black Hot at all times
  • Fuse F2.27 - 15A Wire Color: Light Blue / Pink Hot with the ignition in RUN
SInce fuse F2.109 is dedicated to the heated seats your truck may, or may not, have the wire or the fuse installed because the truck was not built with heated seats. The best pace to begin looking is under the seat.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct, this truck does not have the harness for heated seats ran in the floorpan under seats. No fuse in the panel either.

i am working on aftermarket heated seats. Everything is installed and wiring routed under dash from both front seats. I was hoping to use a factory fuse to make life easier in the future.

i might have to install a second relay from f2.109 that energizes with keyed power, then feeds f2.109 to the power in side of the seat grids. Definitely need power off when key is off.

I appreciate the help immensely.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t pulled the fuse block yet, is the back of block accessible to utilize open slots?

·
Super Moderator
25,336 Posts
You may find that open slots don't even have the traces in them for a fuse to connect to. In order to get to the back of the fuse panel you'll likely have to remove the fuse block. The connections are likely made with multi-pin connectors rather than individual wires and terminals directly in the fuse block. I haven't looked at an 04, but the older fuse blocks were that way.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Not only is the fuse terminal not there but the circuit in the baox that leads to the connector may be missing as well. You won't know for certain unless the box is removed and inspected. At this point you may be better off running a battery feed and installing relays.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts