The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Done most of the bullet proofing on mine and added a SCT Livewire TS programmer. Fast as hell and I've never tried the Performance setting, keep it on Street most of the time, back to stock setting if I'm afraid someone is going to flash the system if it is in for repair or something and the 68 HP setting if I'm going to be towing my 35 ft. travel trailer. Only change done to the exhaust was a cat delete. Have the coolant filter but the people that did my engine said the lines ran too close to the exhaust manifold and didn't put it on. I wonder if any one has pics they could post of where and how they did the addition on a van? By the way, I also have an 05.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Other than burning off a set of back tires.......no issues although I'm looking at having to replace my FICM right now, starts out low and then warms up to the 48 to 49 volts. I can see that stuff with my new programmer. I'm thinking about getting a splitter for my odm so I can run both the programmer for the gauge info and my Scan Gauge II. I guess it's kinda hit or miss as to if it will work or not though. Knowing what I do now as opposed to what I knew in 05 though, I would have found a good 7.3 instead of the newer 6.0. Oh well, until they invent time machines, what do you do. Other than the clutch fan that comes on at every stop light when I have the air conditioner on, I have had no problems that I know of. I have not got better economy with the programmer as some claim (probably has to do with the way I drive it, Ha ha) but that's OK. When you do your coolant filter, could you plz. post some pics? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts