The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to tighten up my rear sway bar but I am unable to find bushings for it. Ford claims to have discontinued the part but I find it hard to believe there is no alternative source.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
25,438 Posts
You might find something from Energy Suspension. They have sway bar bushing kits for pickups and I'd be surprised if Excursions were any different.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I will give them a call and see what they can find out. Two shops have failed to find anything - but I get the feeling they weren't trying hard.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reached out to James at Energy Suspension and they do not carry anything for the Excursion sway bar. So, this question is still active ;-)

·
Super Moderator
25,438 Posts
I did see that, but if you measure the sway bar diameter, it will likely be the same as the pickups. I find it odd that they say there's nothing for the Excursion, as they share just about everything drivetrain wise with the pickups. They do sell sway bar bushing kits (including the links) for pickups. Front Bushing Kit Rear Bushing Kit

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was odd too since the SuperDuty models share a substantial amount of overlap with the Excursion. I'll get under there this weekend and get some measurements.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told the significant bar diameter difference between Excursion and Super Duty precludes a proper fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts