The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys does anyone know the rear wheel bearing torque for a 2005 F-350 4x4 DRW? I thought I remember 70 ft/lbs then loosen and torque to 18 ft/lbs but I am not finding that any where. I know the 2005 has a different bearing than other years. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
For a Dana full floating axle
  • Torque the nut to 70 lb/ft
  • Back the nut off 90 degrees
  • Final torque to 18 lb/ft
  • To verify that there is no side-to-side end play, attach a magnetically mounted dial indicator to the spindle end and place the dial indicator tip on the outboard surface of the hub. Check for side-to-side end play. Final bearing adjustment has zero end play. The maximum torque to rotate the hub is 2.3 Nm (20 lb-in) when end play is zero.
For a Ford full floating axle
  • Torque the nut to 60 lb/ft
  • For new bearings, ratchet back five teeth or notches (1/8 turn) on the hub nut. Five notches must be felt during this operation in order to have carried it out correctly.
  • For used bearings, ratchet back seven teeth or notches (1/6 turn) on the hub nut. Seven notches must be felt during this operation to have carried it out correctly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a Dana full floating axle
  • Torque the nut to 70 lb/ft
  • Back the nut off 90 degrees
  • Final torque to 18 lb/ft
For a Ford full floating axle
  • Torque the nut to 60 lb/ft
  • For new bearings, ratchet back five teeth or notches (1/8 turn) on the hub nut. Five notches must be felt during this operation in order to have carried it out correctly.
  • For used bearings, ratchet back seven teeth or notches (1/6 turn) on the hub nut. Seven notches must be felt during this operation to have carried it out correctly.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick follow up question. I have a sister truck 2005 drw and it is not a Dana 80. Would that be the Ford 10.5 rear end or is that only on srw trucks?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Quick follow up question. I have a sister truck 2005 drw and it is not a Dana 80. Would that be the Ford 10.5 rear end or is that only on srw trucks?
The Ford 10.5 rear axle was used for BOTH single and dual rear wheel applications on F350's therefore if it is not the Dana 80... it must be the Ford axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts