The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I have a F350 6.0 P, S,
Super duty Dully never touched 56488 miles blew head gasket right front. Sitting under carport collecting dust.
Is it worth the money to fix and to take a chance on this truck. The first owner new to 25000 miles, second owner 25000 to 55250
I am the third owner 55250 miles to 56488. It is like a new truck always garage kept.
Question for every one I already lost $20000.00 dollars. is it worth the money to fix and drive.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I assume you mean you have $20k in the truck. You'll have trouble getting $4k for a non-runner, no matter how good your story telling abilities. If it was me that's an easy decision. I just checked RockAuto. You can buy the best head gasket they've got for $50. Two days in the right shop and you're back on the road even if you work alone and don't really know what you're doing - less if you do. Obviously there's lots more money you could spend while you're at it but if the goal is just to send the truck down the road ..............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir I know. I have did a lot of research and
Have found out what all is out there. But will it still be a money line all the time. I have been a ford man from 1975 and can't believe they did
This to the truck community. To fix it ha the ford DEALER here wants 5k just to do a head job.
I think I will just take the cutting touch and
Cut the back off and have great dulley trailer.
Junk the rest. Yes sir I don't tell stories.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
If, by any chance, you do change your mind and decide to fix it, I'd put in ARP head studs on both sides. That will help to prevent the head gaskets from blowing again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts