The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I forgot to mention the oil only leaks when running and gets worse when warm. Its about a drip every 1 to 2 seconds.

Also I don't know if this is new to anyone besides me but a non working gauge cluster can cause a very steady miss and charging problems. But only at low to mid rpm. Idle and wot are smooth as can be. It was driving me crazy!! But was able to fix the problem, a fuse that looked perfect but was junk. Now I know my truck has 120,966 miles which is pretty nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dont think you got the cover on all the way on the dowel pins -- that large oring on the top will push the cover down -- you have to pry the cover up as you put it in place or the dowels will cut into the aluminum

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's what I was thinking. At least now that I know how it all comes apart it should be pretty easy to fix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A little embarrassed but here is the oil leak problem. Not sure how I did it but at least it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad you figured it out
knocked the gasket off the dowel as you installed it -- that is pretty easy todo
have to compress that big oring at the top
would be easier to loosen the intake manifold a little -- be sure to clean the dirt from around it first -- only need to come up like 1/8 inch on the front part

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I want to thank everyone who took time out to help me with advice and suggestions. You guys are a fantastic resource for people like me! New gasket is on and no leaks! Truck is running smooth and ready for the road.

I have just a couple of things that might help someone else out down the road.
A T60 is perfect for removing the oil pressure regulator, I read it is a 12mm but didn't have one so tried the torx bits and worked like a charm.
A 1 7/8 inch wrench works well for removing the fan with a small bar stuck in the water pump pulley.
A brass hammer and some patience worked well to install the wear ring on the crankshaft.
A small pry bar with a sharp edge worked to remove the wear ring. I used a square handle chisel to lay behind the bar for leverage. Wear good gloves because your hands will slip a lot and find every sharp object around lol.
Make sure the dowel pins are in place and the gasket stays on them while putting the front cover on to avoid having to do it all twice.
I was able to do everything without removing the air box or loosening the intake.

I got tips and information from a lot of forums and videos. Using a combination of the things I found the job went fairly well. The main issue came from myself and rushing things. Thanks again and hopefully my experience can help someone the way I was helped by other folks.

Robbie

21 - 27 of 27 Posts