The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been trying to research this for some time with no real result.
Dad has a 2022 long bed on order. XL with power options, no tailgate step or anything, I believe it has the backup camera.
I found a 2006 cap with roof rack already mounted and rear entry door that takes the place of the tailgate. Of course it is a pretty good price.
The biggest issue I was finding was the way the old caps rear glass closes on the new styles of tailgates, but since this one does not use the tailgate I got excited until I finally found the full rear end shot of the cap in question then compared it to the picture of the 2022 rear end and found that the tailgate is completely different in shape.
I have a really nice tonneau cover off my 04 I kept after I sold it, but I am sure because of the new tailgates it will not work.
This does not have to be a beautiful perfect match, just needs to keep the gear safe and dry.
Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The beds on these trucks has changed so much that you almost have to get something new. Even my 15 is different in many ways than a 22. If it was me no way would I put something on my truck that doesn't look like it was made for it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I got to looking at the two different tailgates and realized I would have to modify something in that area even if everything else lined up. Just do not want to drop a grand or more for something that will be used maybe twice a year. The hope is to find a reasonably priced gooseneck two car ramp hauler for our SCCA events. So the cap would be off the truck most of the year.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I have written off trying to retrofit a cap.
What about a rear window protector (head ache rack ) from a 2015?
Stroking it can you give me the interior measurements of the bed rails, and height of the top of cab off the bedrails on your 15? I can then compare it to the 22 on the dealer lot. Thank you.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts