The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is my first post. Hopefully I won't screw this up.
My truck has an electrical gremlin that is driving me crazy. The dome light comes on whenever it wants. Either driving or just sitting in the driveway. I just changed the ignition lock cylinder. I taped off the tab for the door chime. The kicker is when the truck goes into the gremlin mode you can open the driver side door and the door chimes like the key is in the ignition? Close the door and the dome light turns off after the delay and will immediately turn back on and off and on? How is that possible. The chime I'm talking about.When not in the gremlin mode no door chime. Have never had the door ajar light on the dash. I have lubed all the door switches with PB blaster numerous times. Hasn't changed anything. So hopefully the someone has seen this before. All the posts I've read kind of lean towards the instrument cluster. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
I have replaced a number of those plunger switches on Ford door latches for the dome light issue you have. F150 and Expeditions use the same switches. Lubrication isn't always a fix. I will say that the driver's door is the one I replace most. You can open the doors and then close every latch with a screwdriver to flip the catch over. Then wait until the light goes out. After it's out then go to each door and push the catch towards the inside of the door. That is the way the door post striker tugs it. You might find the one that you can fiddle with and it turns light on. The key buzzer going off does point to driver's door switch as it should be the only one triggering key buzzer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts