The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Vendor
1,732 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Besides all of the engine hubbub that I really couldn't care less about, is there any new dirt on the styling?
Someone, somewhere has to have some insight on the new sheet metal.
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been searching EVERYWHERE and have not had any sucess yet. They sure are keeping it hush hush that's for sure.

· Banned
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure the flow of info is slammed shut on the dealer end Bobby. After all, it will be hard to sell the 06's if the cat is "let out of the bag" on the 07's.

I gotta think someone at KTP, or Dearborn could toss a little tid-bit our way.

Here is a little something I found.

· Registered
57 Posts
George i am with you. If anyone has bodystyle change on them please let us know. As soon as the order bank is open for the 07's i will be ordering. My 03 6.0L has been very good to me and can't wait for the 6.4L and the new changes.

· Registered
38 Posts
I have seen the '07's and they are all new from the cab forward. I cant get too specific but the exterior is an evolutionary change and the interior is much improved. If you are considering a truck in the next year it would be worth waiting just for the interior upgrade.

· Registered
234 Posts
Racinpony, anything about suspension? Will we see leaf spings again? Please say yes. I hope they never ever ever go to torsion bars on these trucks. I can deal with coils but not torsion bars.

· Registered
169 Posts
Is it for sure going to be a 6.4 twin turbo? Any clue as to what the torque/hp numbers will be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If they are increaded very much, then the tranny would need to be upgraded also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

· Registered
602 Posts
No offense to anyone continuing to use the term "twin turbo", but show me some reference to one document from International saying this. The picture you get in your minds is two separate turbos.

International does say that the VT275 uses a two stage turbo, which is one turbo with two stages. I am only assuming that this a precursor to what the 6.4L will have. Take a look at the LCF brochure on Internationals site and read it for youself. I have no idea if the two-stage turbo will actually be used on the 6.4L, so I don't promote that picture.

Until Ford or International reveals the turbo system used on the 6.4L, why continue spreading possible misinformation?

· Registered
87 Posts
I disagree with you on the vt275. I went to training on this engine last month. It is a two stage turbo system but it has two turbo assemblies. One large turbo (low press.) and one small turbo(high press.) with a bypass valve to bypass the small turbo at high rpm's

It does not use a single "two stage turbo"

· Registered
256 Posts
So what is your opinion
I am looking to get rid of my 2000 7.3 and was going to get an 06 6.0
BUT now should I wait for the 07??? or give it a year and get an 08

appreciate any info

Will the 6.4 have plenty more power than the 6.0 or not worth the wait

· Registered
24 Posts
You can bet it will have a little more power, but I would say not a lot more, I think they will bump it up to beat dodges numbers, but probably just enough to cause dodge to up the anty again. If I was going to speculate on what it might be, I would say 350-Horsepower, and 620 lbs ft of torque. But thats just guessing.

· Banned
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[ QUOTE ]
You can bet it will have a little more power, but I would say not a lot more, I think they will bump it up to beat dodges numbers, but probably just enough to cause dodge to up the anty again. If I was going to speculate on what it might be, I would say 350-Horsepower, and 620 lbs ft of torque. But thats just guessing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how much more horsepower and torque potential the 6.0L has over the 7.3L, I would say that the new engine may be capable of sustaining a 200 HP module.

· Registered
24 Posts
Considering how much more horsepower and torque potential the 6.0L has over the 7.3L, I would say that the new engine may be capable of sustaining a 200 HP module.

[/ QUOTE ] Your probably right, and who knows, they may really suprise us, and really give it the juice. But I guess whatever they do will be worth waiting for, however I am more interested in what the new body will look like.

· Registered
14 Posts
O.K. Guys.

When you speak of POTENTIAL, you will find that the old saying is still true. There is nothing like Cubic Inches when it comes to horsepower. The small engines may make more power, but the big ones can too, and they always will have the POTENTIAL for more power than the smaller engine. I have built engines for Class 8 trucks and Tractors for pulling, and cars for racing for the better part of the last 30 years. Caterpillar started out with a rule, build it big, turn it slow, massive power, last forever. It is still true today

· Registered
624 Posts
anyone have any idea when we can start ordering, i want a single cab xlt dually, was thinking about ordering a 06 because with how little single cabs are being sold i am worried they will not be available for 07, but i would love to have a 07 single cab dually, NO ONE will have one but me lol.

· Registered
135 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Your formula works fine if it were 1960, but not when the EPA has laws and guidelines to meet.
BTW, more compression, 4 valves per cylinder, different fuel pulse timing etc. will make power more efficiently than just plain old cubic inches.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wanted to see the things you mentioned applied to the 7.3 rather than change the block to a 6.0.

If the 7.3 block had received all of the new features of the 6.0 (turbo,injectors, programming, etc.)it would be one bad machine!

· Registered
602 Posts
Squatch,

I only saw a picture in the LCF brochure and couldn't say what I was looking at.

So you're saying they are fraternal twins and not identical twins.

Thanks for the insight and new mental picture of what it is.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

· Registered
2,465 Posts
George - I can't beleive you've worn out the LE - you have a snow truck too.

Last year at the diesel rally and in a recent issue of the PSR magazine, they highlighted the 07 changes being made - mostly for emissions.

I'm not sure what they can do to the interior - my truck has the best interior in it of any vehicle I've owned. Their about out of options on the outside unless they go Dodge with it and drop the fenders for a bit of aero improvement.

My suggestion would be to drop the prices 10% and give everyone aplan to match GM.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts