The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I've always enjoyed reading the posts and thought I would post a problem I'm having with a 2008 F250. The truck runs super cold all the time in the winter. I live in Massachusetts are were talking about 0-30deg F. It almost never heats up enough to register on the temperature gage and the block remains cold to the touch. We have tried a number of things including replacing the thermostats which was what we thought 1st, but that did nothing. so we changed them again. Still nothing. After some more diagnosis we changed out the fan clutch and no improvement. Also changed coolant temperature sensors with no change. I put cardboard in between the radiator and transmission cooler to block airflow and that doesn't seem to help at all either. The fan does appear to run full blast all the time.

What does work it using a nylon strap to hold the fan blades in place while the engine is running. When I put my strap around the fan and prevent it from turning the engine will heat up nicely and actually overheat. I find my self having to take the strap on and off while I am using the vehicle to regulate the heat. When I get too cold I strap it on and when the truck starts to overheat I take it off.

This leads me to believe there is some simple fan control issue that we are missing. Our company has an inhouse mechanic and we have brought the truck to several diesel specialty shops for diagnosis but nobody has been able to diagnose or repair.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Fan Clutch Won't Disengage

Here's a link to a discussion started by a guy who had a problem that sounds similar to yours. He figured out that his problem was caused by an incorrectly installed serpentine belt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.