The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to diesels and have done some research, but I need some wisdom/advice. There is a 08 F250 with the 6.4 that I am looking at. It has 225k on it. Great maintenance records throughout and I believe has been VERY well taken care of though 190K miles. I believe it is on the 2nd owner. It would be my daily driver and I am worried about the regen cycle issue primarily.

I would want to do an EGR delete and also wondering about a DPF delete (because I am planning on racing :) ). Would that help fuel mileage and give me a decent truck? I don't have an issue maintaining a truck, but I have read a bunch of horror stories with this engine. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Delete asap and keep up with the maintenance. And as long as it WAS really taken care of before. I have an 08 F250, now with 198k. I got the truck at 132k, deleted at 140k. I used the Gearboxz dpf-r+ 4.0. Deleted the cat and dpf, and turned off the egr. Got an egr cooler block off plates to block off the coolers.
Truck runs great. Smooth idle. Getting a little louder now cuz I tow with it all the time. It's my work truck and I tow 4-10k, 3-5 times a week. And 95% of the miles i put on the truck are work miles. Lots of power, hasn't lost any of the power since i got the truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts