The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 F250 with the 6.4L and it has 220K on it, Crew Cab 8ft bed. Ever since I got it, about 20k miles ago, the DPF regen has come on about every 250 miles. I would have to drive down the interstate for over 20 miles until it completes the cycle is done. Then today at lunch time I got in the truck to go to lunch and I had NO POWER at all. No boost, No Check Engine Light, I drove it about 3 miles at a whopping 30 MPH and then it started to surge then picked up a bit of boost. I kept driving and then the Cleaning Exhaust Filter light came on and for the first time that I have owned the truck, a Huge Blue/Gray plume of smoke came out of the exhaust for about 30 seconds. I got back the boost and some speed, enough to get on the interstate and drove 20+ miles till the cycle was done. My question is... Is there anyway to do a Manual Regen on the DPF? and what Delete Kit is best for this truck as a daily driver. I tow a 36ft 5th wheel camper about every weekend in the summer. I don't want to break the bank with a delete kit. I just want to get the thing off so that I don't wast Fuel and Time when it regen's

1 - 1 of 1 Posts