The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked with the guy in the area who does nothing but gauges and instrument clusters. He walked me through a self-test utility where you hold down the button thingy while turning the key to "on", then push the button again for a gague sweep. ALL gagues swept. He told me the gauge is fine. The shop that installed the lift pump also rebuilt the engine. The tech made sure the sending unit was plugged in, plugged in their diagnostic tablet and it showed 99% full tank. So we're getting signal from the sending unit and the gauge is working. I called FASS and he told me there's really no way to wire it wrong. I'm at a loss and I really need this gauge to work. If anyone reading this has any idea of what to check next, please advise. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
14,489 Posts
Since putting the pump in doesn't involve the wiring to the fuel sender (other than being in its vicinity) there really is no direct link between the two. There has to be a step in the install that puts the sender harness in jeopardy. I would suggest tracing the wires from the top of the tank back until you get into the vicinity of the pump and then see what happened. Maybe a screw or drill bit caught them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the resolution was this: We went to the shock tower on the drivers side and unplugged all three connectors (just because we were under there) and put diaelectric grease on them and plugged them in again. I realized later that my mirror no longer works (the inside mirror with compass and temp display), but my fuel gauge works fine now. I assume my mechanic never wants to see me again. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts