The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer (my cousin) submitted an order for our new F-450 Lariat Quad Cab Pickup on 9/12 and we received the DORA on 9/14.

We are full time RVers, tow a 21,000# 5th Wheel and the options we chose to support this lifestyle include Torqshift 5 SPD Auto, Chrome package, Sirius Radio, Supplemental Heater, High Capacity Tow Package (requires 4.88 rear end), 6 CD Audiophile, Traction Control, Upfitter Switches, Heavy Duty Alternator, Static Rear View Camera and Lower Accent paint (white over silver to match our Travel Supreme Fiver colors) and a couple of smaller items.

Thanks to Jimmy, we received an X-Plan pin for the price, thanks to the many members on this site, we got a great education and thanks specifically to Capt Skup, Larry Fifth Wheel, Smokey Wren, Fred Mann and Glenn Shelton, my cloudy issues were clarified.

I'll post updates as we receive them (noticed this morning that Blue Oval Tracking is down) and pictures after we take delivery.

Tania and Dave George

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Dave,

you are going to love the truck when it comes in, I have had mine for almost a week now and just love it. The new method allows the dealer to do what BOF was doing for us. It makes the dealer do the work and not the VOPC. Every week, ask him to track it and you will get the info as it is updated. The camera is excellent even without additional lighting (I added 2 50 watt lamps there)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Well, it is about dang time. What Ford promised us with the F-450 pickup, they certainly delivered. I have had not one issue with this truck and while I don't have that many miles on it(unfortunately) I expect it to be just as great of a truck as my F-250 6.0PSD was. I self-installed the Reese(Hidden Hitch)Signature Series 24K hitch, getting ready to have the Line-X sprayed in, and prepping for a long tow to Casper, WY from MD. Can't wait. If you are a guy that likes to drive 75+mph, the F-450 is not for you, whether 4.30 or 4.88, but if you want to tow a heavy trailer it is perfect. Haven't tried the supplemental heat yet, but I sure love the bun warmers. Wonder how long till delivery for you, mine took right at three months.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I will agree with you George on the Audiophile system. Even though I have pretty poor hearing, with the quiet engine and well insulated cab, the sounds that come out of this system is fantastic. Actually got me listening to music again. Well worth the money. That rear view camera setup would be great "if" I could have a remote camera that I could temp. install on the top back roof of the fiver that would send a picture to the cab. Only use I can see for where the camera is now located is for hitching up the boat trailer, and unfortunately I do not get to do that near enough.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmmm, I wondered when Blue Oval Tracking might bite the dust. Thanks for the heads up on that Scott.

Jesse, sending our '99 F-450 cab frame through Fontaine added nearly 6 weeks to the delivery process so when Ford offered this version, we jumped at it. Plus the Fontaine bed aftermarket option is now running $9000.

Sure took me long enough didn't it Skup? I was chompin at the bit to get the order in but my cousin kept saying "be patient lad". (They often talk that way in that area of Western New York) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif We've found local dealers to install the Pullrite 25.5K Super Fifth, 50 Gallon Transfer Flow tank, LINE-X bed and Retrax bed cover (Yup, I remember you're dead set against the Transfer Flow).

75 MPH and the word RETIRED simply don't match up. Our normal towing speed is 60 mph and 65 on the x ways empty. Got pretty used to the 4.88's and the more comfortable speeds in our 99 F-450.

George, we originally spec'd out the Reverse Aid Sensor but switched it over to the Reverse Video Camera when Job 2 hit the stands. We're really excited with the comments by everyone on the Audiophile system. Can't wait to have my beautiful bride by my side, this fantastic new truck and great music filling the air.

That'll make this ol dude a happy camper. (pun intended) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Tania and Dave

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RVrsRUS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmmm, I wondered when Blue Oval Tracking might bite the dust. Thanks for the heads up on that Scott.</div></div>

BOF vehicle tracking is back up and running for the time being.

See post #29 of this thread for the story...

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12137&st=20&start=20

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Dave. How Are Ya? K-Star here.

Getting my F-450 next week. Looking to go fulltime in the spring as Joyce and I are now retired. After the house is sold, a Kountry Aire, DoubleTree Elite or Travel Supreme will be our plan.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 06PSD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Dave. How Are Ya? K-Star here.

Getting my F-450 next week. Looking to go fulltime in the spring as Joyce and I are now retired. After the house is sold, a Kountry Aire, DoubleTree Elite or Travel Supreme will be our plan. </div></div>

Hey John! Tania and I are great thanks. Congratulations on your new F-450! Got your PM and sent you a reply. Let me know if I can help with any truck aftermarket ideas you might want to consider for your full time adventure.

Tania and Dave

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerStrokeHD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RVrsRUS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmmm, I wondered when Blue Oval Tracking might bite the dust. Thanks for the heads up on that Scott.</div></div>

BOF vehicle tracking is back up and running for the time being.

See post #29 of this thread for the story...

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12137&st=20&start=20</div></div>

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like I'll be able to track it through BOF until it hits the delivery system. I'll do that rather than bug my cousin.

Dave

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Welcome to the waiting club... Most of have graduated and are here to support those in waiting.....

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Scott.... So far I've got a partial VIN but nothing I can use on BOF. My cousin has been instructed to fax me the VIN as soon as he has it which I'm guessing will be after the KTP October shutdown is over.

We're in no hurry! We'll be in Rochester until the fall of 2008 during which time we need to sell our '99 F-450/Fontaine and get the aftermarket items installed on the 2008.

In the meantime, I'm staying out of trouble and making a few shickles as a bailiff in the Irondequoit court system and working security at the Rochester Institute of Technology for one of my Irondequoit judges.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Go TIGERS

Its almost hockey seson

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guardrail22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Go TIGERS

Its almost hockey season </div></div>

Go Tigers is right! The Tiger logo is everywhere on campus! What fun being back in the college environment.

Got a fax from my dealer today with an ETA on our new 6.4 for the week of November 5. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif With the shutdown, we didn't expect it quite that fast. Order was placed on 9/12 because of anticipated rebates.

My bride has already informed me she would prefer not to have the new truck on Rochester's salted roads this winter. Sure don't blame her but I don't know if I'll be able to look at it sitting in a driveway somewhere waiting 5 months for the snow to melt. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Dave

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RVrsRUS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guardrail22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Go TIGERS

Its almost hockey season </div></div>

Go Tigers is right! The Tiger logo is everywhere on campus! What fun being back in the college environment.

Got a fax from my dealer today with an ETA on our new 6.4 for the week of November 5. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif With the shutdown, we didn't expect it quite that fast. Order was placed on 9/12 because of anticipated rebates.

My bride has already informed me she would prefer not to have the new truck on Rochester's salted roads this winter. Sure don't blame her but I don't know if I'll be able to look at it sitting in a driveway somewhere waiting 5 months for the snow to melt. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Dave</div></div> That problem (Salty roads) is easily solved,just move farther South... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You got that right! And Texas is the place we're headin' right after we stop in Florida for the 2008 winter so I can take my bride on a cruise to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

If Momma ain't happy then nobody's happy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Dave

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Sounds like you will be headed to Galveston Tx then RVrsRus! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Enjoy that Cruise!!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I'm looking at two in NC

1 - 20 of 32 Posts