The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Truck came in yesterday while I was playing bailiff according to the message left on my cell from my cousin (the Ford dealer). Truck was ordered on September 5 so it took only a little over 8 weeks to produce and deliver.

Now, would you believe I'm retired and Thursday is the first day I can get away to see it? Tania and I will be driving to Java Center, NY (with camera in hand) to check her over.

Truck showed up exactly the week my cousin said it would and he says "she's beautiful, beautiful". Now I'm excited! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Dave

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
It's getting a bit nippy in the Rochester area about now. So you'd better hurry up and hook up and head southwest for the winter. Not too many full time RVers hang around Rochester to get snowed in after Thanksgiving. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

BTW, if you head to the Rio Grande valley in south Texas this winter, along with a few thousand other snowbirds, stop by here and I'll burn you and your Sweetheart some cow.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I think you'll be happy but at $3.30 per gal drive it like theres an egg under your shoe.

go tigers

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokeyWren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's getting a bit nippy in the Rochester area about now. So you'd better hurry up and hook up and head southwest for the winter. Not too many full time RVers hang around Rochester to get snowed in after Thanksgiving. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

BTW, if you head to the Rio Grande valley in south Texas this winter, along with a few thousand other snowbirds, stop by here and I'll burn you and your Sweetheart some cow. </div></div>

Nippy is right! 27 degrees at 5:30 this morning. My first job (after making the coffee) was to bring in the brass monkey! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif I'd love to head south now but I promised my Sis In Law, the court administrator, that I'd help her out until the fall of 2008. Plus, I've got to get the aftermarket goodies for towing our fiver installed on the truck.

And Smokey, if that invite to burn some cow extends to the winter of 2008/2009, you've got yourself a date.

Diesel prices in the Rochester area are running around $3.50/gallon. I'm getting around 12 MPG on our '99 F-450 around town using the egg under shoe method. It's the towing mpg that scares the heck out of me.

And for you Tigers fans: RIT Tigers Hockey

Dave

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RVrsRUS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And Smokey, if that invite to burn some cow extends to the winter of 2008/2009, you've got yourself a date. </div></div>

You're on, provided I'm still alive and kickin' by then. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, Tania and I finally found time to drive to Java Center, NY on Monday, November 19 to see and test drive the new "Beast". All I can say is WOW!

Some initial first impressions:

The white over silver exterior (matching our Fiver) with chrome package turned out very classy. The Lariat interior with the gray leather looks super.

The 6.4L diesel purrs like a kitten and has tons of get up and go to boot.

The Audiophile sound system and the backup camera system (the only options I had time to test) work great.

Dealer is installing some aftermarket items and the truck should be ready for delivery on December 10.

Dealer calculated $3500 in rebates will apply and this was an X Plan order.

Here is a link to my post in Blue Oval Forums requesting process dates and window sticker PDF Blue Oval Forums

And yup, "my bad". I forgot my camera so pictures still to come.

Dave

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
can't see the PDF unless you are logged in

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guardrail22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can't see the PDF unless you are logged in </div></div>

Sorry 'bout that. If anyone wants to see the PDF, I've got it saved on my computer and will send it to you if you send me a PM with your E-mail address.

Dave

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, she's home! Click here to see her pictures!

I've been reading my butt off for 2 days and aren't half way through the literature! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Yup, that's 6" of snow on the ground in Rochester, New York!

Dave

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update

Put the truck on the road on February 28 (didn't want to because it's still snowing up here) but we sold our 99.5 F-450. Put 900 miles on it driving around Rochester and on March 24, we headed toward Rehoboth, Delaware to visit friends and register the truck.

Tania enjoyed driving the truck so much she drove 2/3 of the way down and back! The audiophile radio with Sirius provided great music. Registration process went smooth as silk (a concern when you are 400 miles away from your dealer).

After leaving the Delaware DMV, we were heading south on route 113 and the truck started skipping. Fortunately, Millsboro Ford was nearby and they quickly diagnosed the problem as the #7 injector. Gave us a loaner and the truck was back in our hands two days later as good as new.

Trip home was as trouble free as the trip down. Total trip was 1100 miles and the MPG averaged 12.1 which is almost identical to the 10 to 12 mpg we got on the 99.5 F-450.

Dave

21 - 32 of 32 Posts