The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 F350, low miles 62K on the clock. I have started having a pulsing in the wheel on long curves. It has gradually gotten worse. Power Steering fluid level is normal. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
484 Posts
No sounds just movement in steering wheel? Jack it up and inspect steering/suspension parts, e.g. ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, new to the site. I had the same problem. It felt like a dead spot in the steering. Do you notice your brake pedal locking up as well at the same time. The power steering (ATF) fluid became contaminated somehow. It has something to do with the hydroboost system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reviving this old thread, as my 08 F350 4x4 has the same problem. Tires pull the wheel back and forth in the middle of long turns at highway speeds, both left and right. New tires did not fix the issue and it does it whether braking or not. Truck has 168,000 miles and I'm sure front suspension/steering components are worn, but steering seems tight otherwise. Wondering if anyone has a specific fix for this issue.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
If you have a LS rear end it can cause problems with turning (usually tight turns(. Did you have the rear axle serviced lately?
DENNY

·
Registered
709 Posts
Front hubs on locked rather than on automatic. This will cause drag when turning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts