The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys? Im having an issue with my motor. Yesterday and its happened before as well. I will be driving and either slowing down at a light or even just idling my motor will completely shut off or when im idling it will rev up and down like it wants to take off on its own . but yesterday it ran fine all day until later in the day. It shut down completely 4 times . can anyone help me figure why its doing this . when it shuts down the green oil pressure light comes on meaning the oil pressure sensor is tripping. Can that cause my truck to act like that?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Not all faults the engine computer detect turn on check engine light. Check for codes stored as everything else is a guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean there is no check that comes on thats im unsure why it does this. No codes come up

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
With pretty much any fault, the PCM needs to see a fault 3 times for 6 seconds or more to set a code and illuminate the appropriate warning indicator. There are some faults that will achieve this depending on the fault and it's severity. Some faults and conditions occur with components and conditions that are "in-range" that require testing based on the symptom - testing that typically requires monitoring parameters and knowing what you are looking at.

With that said, your stalling condition may be difficult to properly diagnose without capable equipment. When I think of a 6.4L and stalling, high pressure fuel pump concerns come to mind whether it be fuel supply, electrical or mechanical concerns with the pressure and volume control valves to the FRP sensor. An erratic FRP sensor signal can cause stalling and erratic idle control like you report.

The oil pressure light illuminates after the engine stalls... because the engine is not running and therefore has no oil pressure. Perfectly normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that makes sense. I finally got a code and it said injector low fuel pressure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts