The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I sold my 2008 F450 so I could find one with a manual. I have found a 2009 4x4 Lariat that has been on sale since at least Oct 2009, more likely Sept. Not too many options, but does have a B&W hitch and trailer plug in the bed. What would be a good price off sticker before rebates, which is $55,485 including dest charge? I am thinking $49k before taking away any incentives. Or should I try lower? Anyone wanna give me an A plan pin? :) Thanks for any advice!

Todd

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
new or used?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
if new, you shold ask for invoice, pay invoice less incentives and get another $5000 off. If you post the VIN someone might be able to estimate invoice cost

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if new, you shold ask for invoice, pay invoice less incentives and get another $5000 off. If you post the VIN someone might be able to estimate invoice cost
It's a new truck, out in Washington. Unfortunately I'm in Virginia. I'll try to link the window sticker. According to yahooautos, the invoice is 50,500 against a retail of 55,845. That doesn't make sense to me, since I've seen an invoice for an XLT and that was 5500 less than retail, before options were added. So after options the difference would be even greater.

This hopefully is the window sticker :)

You guys better not buy it out from under me! :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have added a B&W Turnover ball hitch and trailer electrical connecter in the bed, which at first they were trying to tell me was over $1000, but then lowered to "only" $800 :)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
according to the invoice for the 2010 I'm looking at in Cincinnati invoice is .9165 x retail. The one I saw in Sheehy in Richmond calcs same way.

it is also a Lariat. The truck you are looking at is priced well but in terms of equipment its not "loaded". I've seen trucks with so much on them they have "additional options" listed because the sticker is full. $65K

The B&W hitch gooseneck kit is about $700 bucks and take three hours to install. I know I did mine. If they include the 5th wheel attachment add $600. Siamese cable for the wiring is $78. I have one of those too. Did they bedliner it?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
according to the sticker the truck was built October 26th 2009 - it must be one of the last 09's

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
according to the sticker the truck was built October 26th 2009 - it must be one of the last 09's
Hey, thanks! How do you get that info from the VIN? When I tried to search for a way to decipher the VIN all it said was the last numbers tell you what number it was produced from the factory. I think it was on sale before October, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
according to the invoice for the 2010 I'm looking at in Cincinnati invoice is .9165 x retail. The one I saw in Sheehy in Richmond calcs same way.

it is also a Lariat. The truck you are looking at is priced well but in terms of equipment its not "loaded". I've seen trucks with so much on them they have "additional options" listed because the sticker is full. $65K

The B&W hitch gooseneck kit is about $700 bucks and take three hours to install. I know I did mine. If they include the 5th wheel attachment add $600. Siamese cable for the wiring is $78. I have one of those too. Did they bedliner it?
Yeah, prices have come up on the B&W hitches. I bought mine for $350, now the cheapest I can find is $400. I guess at $800 for both they aren't doing me over too bad, since it's already installed. No bedliner. What would you offer them for the truck? I am thinking $45000, then $1000 rebate combined with 0% finincing for 5 yrs. Too agressive? not agressive enough?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
$45000 - $6000 rebates (based on my zipcode - 23047) and go get a credit union loan for 6 years at 5%

You also need to consider how the transportation will work. Your probably looking at $2000 to haul it east. Or you could jump on the Amtrak Cardinal and Empire Builder and tour the great white north to Seattle and drive home.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
that is what I would do, take a plane and drive it back. Or road trip it and tow the old one behind it. I am sure it will tow..

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$45000 - $6000 rebates (based on my zipcode - 23047) and go get a credit union loan for 6 years at 5%

You also need to consider how the transportation will work. Your probably looking at $2000 to haul it east. Or you could jump on the Amtrak Cardinal and Empire Builder and tour the great white north to Seattle and drive home.
I've actually been checking out the loans, and it is cheaper to finance more at 0% than to take the $6000 rebate. Funny how that works. Unless I can get a really low interest rate loan, like 4%.

I've decided to fly out there and drive it back. I have Spring Break from March 27-April 4. This all assumes they agree to a significant price reduction. I called a couple days ago, talked to a different sales guy, and he was saying MAYBE $2000 off retail was the lowest they'd go. If that's the case, no deal for me and probably never selling the truck for them. :)

Oh, I found out it was built June 3, 2009, and has been on their lot since June 18, 20009.

I am considering sending an email to the original salesperson I spoke with, who called me twice a day and sent emails (called and emailed even Christmas Day!) and explaining the situation and why I think $45000 is a fair price. Then again, maybe just send an email saying "This is what I'm willing to pay. When you decide this is in your best interest instead of losing money on your monthly payments to Ford for the truck and then more when you sell it later, let me know".

Thanks again for all your help!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
the June date doesn't jive with the sticker

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
ask for picture of the door jamb sticker

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ask for picture of the door jamb sticker
Don't have a pic of the doorjam, but I have a copy of the build sheet. The truck was completed June 3, 2009. I'm not sure what the date is on the sticker. I looked at the window sticker from my former truck and I'm pretty sure it doesn't match my doorjam.

Also, I found out that 2010 model year production started no later than July 09. My local dealer told me this was pretty much the last truck made before they started making 2010's.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My '09 stickered at $62165, Xplan was $55,055, I think I remember. Then got the $3500 rebate +$1000 FMCC last June. You should be at invoice less $4500 rebate minimum? Not sure what incentives are still on '09s.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
well did you make the deal on the truck?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well did you make the deal on the truck?
I called them, they offered me a "sweet deal" of $53,000 before incentives. I told them they were way off. I told them I would consider low to mid $40's at most for it to make sense to me. They told me they would think about it. We'll see. There are a lot of nice used and new trucks out there right now, nicely loaded, that are at good prices. All have auto's, but I actually do like driving the auto...as long as it has the 4.88 axle. :) Prices on the new ones are really coming down. I'm thinking once the 2011's start to arrive the prices will go down. I hope. :)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
update?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts