The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well ask them this. The last 2009's we had we were running 15,000 off MSRP in our ad. That was with all the rebates included. We dont put any addons on our trucks unless the customer requests them so they were selling like crazy. In my neck of the woods you can expect to see the same or close too it on the 2010's soon.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well ask them this. The last 2009's we had we were running 15,000 off MSRP in our ad. That was with all the rebates included. We dont put any addons on our trucks unless the customer requests them so they were selling like crazy. In my neck of the woods you can expect to see the same or close too it on the 2010's soon.
Yeah, I don't understand their thinking, either. For that truck to sit on their lot for a year, the 2011's are out much less 2010's, and to think it is still sellable at retail is ridiculous. I am actually a lot less interested in the truck than I was before, also, as it doesn't even have the audiophile stereo, which is something I want. Only reason I was interested in truck is I'd like a manual, but after driving more and more trucks I'm coming around to the fact that the auto is pretty darn good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Heres another update, just to give you an idea, we just put an ad out for 2010 diesels at 15,000 off msrp. . The houston region is one of the most if not THE most competive pricing in the US as far as trucks.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
There may be a small difference in the incentives region to region but if they think a 2009 with manual trans will sell without a 14-15K discount then they want to keep that truck and never sell it.
Are they re-decorating the store and need a huge flower planter?

A 2009 regardless of milage has depreciated. If you drive it away and then try to trade it the next dealer will view it as a 2 year old truck.
Go online and get an ad from star-telegram.com, the fort worth TX paper. They have 15K off ads for 2010's. Send them an e-mail with an attachment.
These folks need to put away their crack pipe and sober up.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
If your dealer and others are advertising them at 15K off then how are you guys able to take that hit?
Does Ford have any additional cash on 09's?
My point was more that manual trans sales rate is very low these days and a 2 model year old truck equipped that way with a serious buyer may be one to cut loose and write a bit off.
This dealer apparently hasn't been deluged with folks looking for handshaker F450'S. That truck has been providing shelter to his pavement for 6 weeks shy of 2 years....... OUCH

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Example

64270 MSRP
58881 Invoice
5389 diff + 2000 hold back + 6000 rebate = 13400

yeah they can do 15000

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
From a business standpoint, 15k off is at least a 3k loss for the dealership. Not all of them can take a hit like that.
I agree that not all can take that hit, but they've been paying on this truck to Ford Credit for the past 2 years. the longer they hold onto it the more they are paying to Ford, and from what I understand they are only paying interest, not paying down the amount they owe. So the longer they hold onto it the more they are losing, actually.

Either way, it sorta doesn't matter to me anymore. Prices are dropping on used trucks so 2008 King Ranch F450's with around 30-40k miles are in the mid-$30's actual selling price range, so i figure in a little bit I'll pick up one of them. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, you are exactly right tfunk. Eitherway its not favorable for the dealership and that truck is hitting them where it hurts :( Im all in favor of great deals but I would hate to see dealerships go under any more that already has.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
contact them after the auction ends and see if they will deal

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
check CARS.COM

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
check CARS.COM
I've actually agreed to buy a 2008 F450 from a guy in Ohio. King Ranch, Dark Copper, 4.30 axle, 60k miles. Beautiful truck. Supposed to pick it up tomorrow, but...I haven't heard back from him in a few days...we'll see, since he already has a deposit!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
got one yet?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts