The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 09 6.4 king ranch, MiniMaxx, deleted, SB intake. It was parked for 4 days, it had rained quite a bit while I was gone. The next morning while driving, the horn stuck ON when I turned on the LEFT turn signal while driving. Also did while stopped & running. Didn't do it while key if OFF possition. Now that it's not raining anymore, it's not doing it anymore either.....

LEFT turn signal on:
- Horn stuck on, even if I repeatedly honked the horn via steering wheel switch, only stopped when signal turned off.

turn signal off:
- All normal, no issue.

RIGHT turn signal on:
- All normal, no issue.

I've read about leaky windshield seal causing water in fuse/relay or maybe steering whl switch as possible causes, but I can't find any specific thread. don't know where to start to narrow it down.

No codes, no visible moisture around fuses/relays.
Any ideas?????

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Interesting?

Did you notices when you press the horn if the turn signals came on?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
By the wiring diagram I'm assuming that it isn't the swtich in the wheel, fuse or a relay.

The Horn switch and turn signal switch both close a connection and ground an input to the SJB. A yellow with red stripe wire from the steering wheel clockspring goes to the SJB. A violet with white stripe wire from the left turn signal swtich goes to the input of the SJB. If these two wires are touching they can cause your symptoms? If the circuit for these inputs on the circuit board in the SBJ are conducting (shortng??) when wet can cause your symptoms. If it was on the output of the SJB then I would expect different symtoms.

It depends on how good you are with a meter to isolate the cause. I'm guessing if it is the wires then they are getting wet then it will start happening more frequent and probally all the time you turn the left signal on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah, this is a weird one.
no, didn't notice. Hasn't happened for a while now, but when/if it happens again, I'll look for sure.
I know this is an old problem, but I had the exact thing happen to my 08 f-450. The problem hasn't gone away though. still honking when turning on left signal. Anybody got any clues?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts