The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, newbie to the forum but I do have Ford Truck history and am learning the 6.0 vans are detuned mostly for heat issues. My question is - anybody tow with their van? I am concerned the detuned 6.0 will not be able to handle towing my 9k pound camper, without at least a tuner and mods. Front Dana 60 w/4.56 gears, Any help would be great, Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,973 Posts
You will have no problems towing with no mods or a tuner. Even in the E-Series detuned level, there is plenty of power to tow 9,000 pounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will have no problems towing with no mods or a tuner. Even in the E-Series detuned level, there is plenty of power to tow 9,000 pounds.
Thank you for the quick reply Mark Kovalsky. I previously had a 2013 6.7 with high miles that was great for towing but was plagued with emissions issues so I traded for a 2017 F250 with the gas 6.2 and that has been less than adequate towing, besides I am itching to get back into the diesel world, hoping the E450 takes care of that itch. Am looking forward to the flexibility of the van chassis. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts