The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2010 6.4 that recently had studs, turbos rebuilt and generally the works checking out everything. It needed a new starter when getting it started about a month ago and a few days ago noticed coolant dripping right next to starter off oil pan. Took air intake out and fender shrouds to see better and can’t find nothing. Started it today to see if I could see something, and it was gushing out, but still can’t find anything and going to pull starter as that’s about all I can figure it’s something behind starter.
Any other ideas? Saw some pics of 6.0s with starter out but couldn’t find a 6.4 pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took starter out, and found it leaking from block right below plug. Plug itself is dry, I wiped the spot dry and observed coolant beed up right on block. I’m kinda shocked that this is the case. Seen some that drill out and tap leak and put a bolt in and/or patch with JB weld rated up to 500F.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The question here would be "What happened inside to crack the block?" Of your two options, I would go drill/tap. I don't know what availability you have for magnafluxing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts