The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Tried the hyperlink no luck. How can I view?
So driver side is good but has a quarter size chip on the “bezel” directly outside the upper adjustable mirror (black plastic area surround). I’m attempting to remedy that by use of clear epoxy resin in hopes that I can stain or darker to the black during sanding purposefully burnishing it so I don’t have to paint it and have a match issue to existing OE black plastic. Is it gonna look perfect? NO...but honestly so far you can barely tell. Worst case I wrap it but REALLY don’t want to have “lifetime” maintenance issues with wrap on dimpled plastic. NEVER sticks properly. I can of course spray it but then I need to spray the entire mirror housing so it’s all uniform. Then of course the other side to match as well. Ugh. 2 days of paint prep, spray and then clear just for rock chips to begin almost instantly. No thanks. Next Option is to replace just the one black piece of plastic that’s chipped! Where in the heck can a person find just that??? And lastly of course replace the entire mirror but REALLY. 900-1300.00 PER SIDE. Good grief. Though I DO need a passenger side as it’s being finicky and not collapsing 25% of the time. The other 75% I say a small prayer as it’s attempting to cycle closed so it’s just a matter of time. So with it I’m thinking replace the motor but OF COURSE Ford doesn’t have that option...back to 900-1300.00. FOR REAL? So I’m looking at 1800.00-2600.00 for MIRRORS. 2600.00 gets me new gears front and back. Or new REALLY GOOD tires...or endless items for that matter. There’s gotta be an alternative. Can you help? Trucks a 2014 platinum with still under 100k miles so not interested in loosing the power fold and power telescoping functions. Need help!! Ideas or links to parts for these or at minimum an option for less expensive for goodness sakes (yeah I’m a southerner...can’t you tell).
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top