The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have a 2011 F-250 6.2 I started to have transmission problems recently, I do hot shot trucking and put a lot of miles on
and have never had issues until I started to hear a small whining noise from near the torque converter.

finally after 10k miles of this it would not go into gears and could not move.

I replaced the transmission with a certified used one, as soon as I started the truck I could here a small whine but not bad.
I took it to a shop to have them check it over they said no problems everything looked good.

the next day I resumed using it for work and put around 2k miles the noise got louder same sound as the old one
(In all gears in park or neutral)
and now same thing wont go into gears.
disassemble of old transmission did not find any metal fragments fluid smells normal.

The question I have is was the pump possible getting starved of fluid? Anyone have any similar issues?
I'm going to post a link to a video that I found on YouTube that is the exact same noise as mine, in the comments he said it was the pump.

But if it is why did it go through 2 pumps within a month? Fluid restrictions? if so how do I check the flowrate?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
I have a 2011 F-250 6.2 I started to have transmission problems recently, I do hot shot trucking and put a lot of miles on
and have never had issues until I started to hear a small whining noise from near the torque converter.

finally after 10k miles of this it would not go into gears and could not move.

I replaced the transmission with a certified used one, as soon as I started the truck I could here a small whine but not bad.
I took it to a shop to have them check it over they said no problems everything looked good.

the next day I resumed using it for work and put around 2k miles the noise got louder same sound as the old one
(In all gears in park or neutral)
and now same thing wont go into gears.
disassemble of old transmission did not find any metal fragments fluid smells normal.

The question I have is was the pump possible getting starved of fluid? Anyone have any similar issues?
I'm going to post a link to a video that I found on YouTube that is the exact same noise as mine, in the comments he said it was the pump.

But if it is why did it go through 2 pumps within a month? Fluid restrictions? if so how do I check the flowrate?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Did you ever find anymore information on this topic?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.