The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The man that owns this truck brought it to me on a hook because he had replaced the fuel filters and the rail mounted pump that Ford calls the "fuel conditioning module". He more than likely replaced the pump unnecessarily. The reasons hen gave for replacing the pump were that it exhibited the known issue of making a lot of noise when the fuel level dropped below a quarter tank as acknowledged as normal by Ford replaced the pump. The other reason that the pump was replaced was as warning message was displayed on the display in the dash that stated low fuel pressure. I confirmed this code and several others mainly pertaining to the DEF system. The owner told me in advance about these codes as well and that he'd used some fluid that was beyond its expiration date and it damaged the system.l used a Snap On Verdict. That brings us to one question that I have pertaining to P codes. When does a code become a permanant vs just a regular DTC? Or does the Verdict just display any code that has set as permanent? I normally use a Matco Creader because it is much faster to plug in and boot up than the Snap On and because of this I am not as familiar with the Snap On tool as I used to be. See the images for the codes that were stored. I have performed just about every test and every procedure that I can find that even shows a possibility that it may be linked to the problems the truck is experiencing. I have read that many techs are having difficulty in getting the air out of this system. I checked and resealed the O-ring on the main filter. The line from the secondary filter to the line was leaking and was replaced. After the short line was replaced, I followed the standard bleeding procedures, to no avail. Also, I had found that the fuel level in the truck was well under an eighth, so I put 5 gallons in and brought it just above a quarter. I moved on to bleed air directly from the secondary filter as several have described here as well as All Data. I used clear line and attached it to the filter and the first cycle, I did have some very tiny airn bubbles, but these were very small and spaced out. I allowed it to bleed through two more 30 second cycles and got no visible air from the line on those two cycles. I installed the line back on the filter and proceeded to start the truck again. the second time I cranked it over, fuel erupted violently from under the hood and I soon found that the source was the fuel injector return line where it connects into the T fitting just before the secondary fuel filter. This piece was never removed by me and shows no signs of being damaged by some type of physical blow. I don't believe in coincidence and believe there has to be something I am overlooking. Probably something really simple. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am about out of any new ideas. I don't have a lot of experience with the 6.7 like I do with the other Ford diesels. BTW, the owner told me the truck was being forced into limp mode BEFORE any of the stated repairs were made and this was due to the low fuel pressure warning. Outside temps are in the 90's and it is extremely humid. Let's assume that the fuel return line was damaged the entire time, what would be the symptoms before the obvious where it leaked diesel over everything around it. Any questions or something you don't understand because of my wording, please ask me. This guy needs me to get this truck up and running. I want to get back to working on some of the toys around here. The new lines for the injector returns should be in from the dealer around lunch time. Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can give. :frown2::frown2::|:|:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts