The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reviewed some posts here about this problem, but wondering what has been done, if any, to resolve it. My truck has 58K and I noticed for the first time my transmission started slipping completely out of gear between 1st and 2nd. It happened 3 times now. It basically freewheels like the clutch just lets go. I let off the gas, then it will catch and move forward again.

I took it to the dealer and they said they had never heard anything about it, and not much they can do to correct it if they can't see it happen. They checked the tranny and said nothing was wrong. This truck has been in the shop more than any other Ford or Chevy I have had in the past. I'm not happy at all.

· Registered
214 Posts
you need either the reflash of computer or the solenoids replaced. i had the same run around with my dealer when i bought my 2011 6.2 f250 after 30 times to the dealer and nothing resolved i lemoned that 1. there are tsb's all about that problem don't let your dealer tell you otherwise. i had all the tsb's done to that truck and more and nothing fixed the problem!

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read about others here that claimed it to be solenoids or a reflash and still have the issue. I know I have already had a reflash done before while it was in for service. Not sure if it was for that specific problem, but I will ask them about another reflash. The main issue is that the problem has been noted before my 60K drivetrain warranty period expires. I was just curious if anyone has received a definate fix yet.

Thanks

· Registered
120 Posts
i just bought a 2011 250 last week. it has 3k on it, and on easy acceleration the truck feels like it shifts into second. but as i watch the rpms they stay the same for about 2 seconds then the truck actualy shifts. i am planing on running it by the dealer today to see what they say about it, but is this something similar to your problem?

· Registered
214 Posts
Get an oasis report on your truck. Your service manager can do this. Curious on your build date. This problem was supposed to be fixed after August 2010 I think?

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KAKnight,

After I take off in first gear, and before it shifts into second, it will just release out of gear on it's own. Basically, would be the same thing if I just shifted it into Neutral and back into gear again. It will rev as high as I want it to go and won't go back into gear until I release the gas and let the rpm's come back down. It then goes back into gear and continues running until it shifts into second as it normally would. It happened about two months ago, then about 3 weeks ago, and the last time it happened about 2 weeks ago. It's not happened again since then.

Steve

· Registered
1,233 Posts
I've had that also at times. Plus erractic shift flares. My build date is 10/07/2010. My dealer won't change the solonoids and Ford won't tell them too either.

· Premium Member
12 Posts
Mine is going into the dealer again today for the same problem. Shifting from 1st to 2nd it just goes to neutral and coasts untill I let off the throttle then I can go again. I was hoping someone found a solution that I could tell the dealer about but looks like it will be more screwing around again. My build date was in Dec. of 2010.

· Registered
116 Posts
Tsb 11-7-10 I think is the correct number to fix that problem. I had the exact thing happening to my truck. The solenoids need to be replaced and a reflash. Depending on build dates is what needs to be done. Tell the dealer to read the WHOLE tsb. I had to read it verbatim with them to make sure it got done correctly. The shifting issued ie truck going into neutral went away. I have a delay when going into rev. Other than that it's alot better.

· Premium Member
12 Posts
Thanks chiro, truck is at the dealer. I'll call them with the TSB # in the morning. I really don't understand why Ford doesn't have their dealers up to date on anything. Seems that the service manager should be reading all bulletins as they come out but they always act like I'm the only one who ever had a problem.

· Registered
214 Posts
chiro that tsb should have fixed your reverse issue too... replacing the solenoids should of done it all. unless you have a truck like i did where nothing they did fixed any of the problems.

· Registered
116 Posts
The shift delay from park to rev came on after the TSB was done. It has been to the dealer and they can't find out what is wrong. They can't reproduce the problem. It's strange that I can reproduce the problem. The truck rolls down my driveway when I put it in rev or drive.

· Registered
86 Posts
The shift delay from park to rev came on after the TSB was done. It has been to the dealer and they can't find out what is wrong. They can't reproduce the problem. It's strange that I can reproduce the problem. The truck rolls down my driveway when I put it in rev or drive.
I guess the only difference in our shared problem is mine started at about 500 miles and has remained through all tsb's. I'm pretty sick about it and i have had a couple close calls when i forget about it and i'm not ready for it.jim.

· Registered
2,743 Posts
It has been to the dealer and they can't find out what is wrong. They can't reproduce the problem. It's strange that I can reproduce the problem...
Has it changed since you were last at the dealer, chiro? I still have your truck’s details, so let me know via PM if you’d like a follow-up call.

I guess the only difference in our shared problem is mine started at about 500 miles and has remained through all tsb's. I'm pretty sick about it and i have had a couple close calls when i forget about it and i'm not ready for it.jim.
fordmiffed,

I want to see this resolved for you once and for all. I can lend a hand by setting up the Customer Service Manager in your area to call you. For me to do that, shoot a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, VIN, and mileage.

Cory

1 - 20 of 23 Posts