The Diesel Stop banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
While on my December ski trip I started to get what I felt was slipping, now that i am on flat land again it is still there. To be honest i am not thrilled about gears 1-4. On the otherhand once it is in 6th gear and stays there I love this truck, where i don't love it so much is the journey from Park to 6th. I have not taken my truck back yet, waiting for awhile.jim.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I’m sorry for missing this thread before. I’m available to help by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your region. If you haven’t already, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, mileage, and VIN.

Cory
Is this something simple to take care of??? I just bought my 2011 250 about a year and half ago and I just noticed it missing 2nd and going into 3rd pr 4th not to long ago .... sent it to a transmission shop and no codes pop up.... what should I tell my mechanic about it to resolve this issue... don't want to break down while hauling my camper on trips or hauling hay or whatnot...thanks Bob

· Registered
133 Posts
You need to have three of six solenoids replaced and the PCU flashed. I’d say for a shade tree mechanisms the job is a 2 out of 5 in terms of difficulty. But you still need the PCU flashed and Ford warns that damage can be done if the vehicle is driven with the new solenoids and no flash update. There is a TSB on the internet if you look. It won’t be covered under warranty and I believe they quoted me like $1000 to do the work.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts