The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and have been reading about issues with the early 2011 6.7's having issues with valve/valve seats. I'm looking at buying a 2011 F350 with 60,000 miles on it. Is this a real issue affecting a lot of these engines? The build date is 28.02.2011. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As long as it's been taken care of I don't think it would be a bad buy if the price is right. If you put another $2500 in it to delete the emissions gear and you've taken care of "MOST" of the common problems.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm not sure what the build date is on mine, but other than a DEF sensor replaced, I've had no issues with mine. It is at 62K right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. The pickup already has def delete and an h and s mini max, stock exaust is still there so I assume that dpf and such is still there. So feeling good about my swap from an lly d max to the 6.7 ps

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I just traded in a 2011. Built in October of 2010. Has 124000 and has done fine. Some possible issues on this truck are 2 piece glow plugs. Torque converter in the transmission. Sensitive fuel pump. Be careful and only put good diesel in and run additives. This is what I've done since it was new.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I sold my 2011 ( build July 2010) with 145,000 miles on it.

Ran great.

2011 seem to have problems with the Coolant connector to the turbo leaking. Drips down the back of the engine and across the bell housing

Typical EGT sensor failures, that Ford has now extended the warranty on

Other common problems are the Death Wobble, that oftens a needs a new steering stabilizer, or on mine, new front hubs/bearings at 105,000 miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts