The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 F350 6.7 crew cab lariat 4x4 srw.

We're pulling a 5th wheel from Indiana to California and it doesn't like the hills at all. The oil temp is reading 230-300 on hills and then the coolant temp Guage pegs and then puts the truck into limp mode. Pull over, wait about 5 min and we're off again.

I replaced: radiator, water pump, thermostats, upper hose, oil temp sensor, 2 coolant temp sensors, oil cooler (upgraded bullet proof model).

I cleaned the secondary radiator and ac condenser to get maximum air flow through to the primary radiator.

Tomorrow I'm going to replace the fan clutch, it looked worn (the rubber grommet that holds the unit from rotating was gone). We're in West Yellowstone headed for Boise tomorrow.

Any thoughts on what else it could be?

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
300 is way to hot. It could just be the fan not coming on. I believe they kick in at 230. Nothing like wrenching on a truck when your not home. Make sure the radiator is full. A air pocket will cause major heating problems. Major hills going to Boise ID. Be careful if you go over the Teton Pass. It's steep.

·
Registered
781 Posts
2011 F350 6.7 crew cab lariat 4x4 srw.

We're pulling a 5th wheel from Indiana to California and it doesn't like the hills at all. The oil temp is reading 230-300 on hills and then the coolant temp Guage pegs and then puts the truck into limp mode. Pull over, wait about 5 min and we're off again.

I replaced: radiator, water pump, thermostats, upper hose, oil temp sensor, 2 coolant temp sensors, oil cooler (upgraded bullet proof model).

I cleaned the secondary radiator and ac condenser to get maximum air flow through to the primary radiator.

Tomorrow I'm going to replace the fan clutch, it looked worn (the rubber grommet that holds the unit from rotating was gone). We're in West Yellowstone headed for Boise tomorrow.

Any thoughts on what else it could be?
Have you driven it after performing these replacements? If not, how do you know it is not now fixed? I would tend to agree with Stroking It that the fan could be a big factor. But still, if you haven't tested the fixed you've already done, you can't know if anything still needs done.

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
How heavy was the trailer??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts