The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Find a wrecked cab and just drill out the spot welds, cause really that is all you need.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wrencher, thanks for the advice. I’m currently checking around for wrecked super dutys. Local guy said he gets maybe 1 every 1200 cars he brings in. Like finding a unicorn. One other question. I saw how you just used the riser bracket and welded it in by itself. In hindsight, do you think it would be better to use it in conjunction with the horizontal piece to add rigidity to the cab itself?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I would still do it the same way. Using the entire piece makes it a major project.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes because if you replace the entire piece you have to remove the rear window, drill out all the pinch welds and then weld up and a lot more painting. Just a lot more in depth.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes because if you replace the entire piece you have to remove the rear window, drill out all the pinch welds and then weld up and a lot more painting. Just a lot more in depth.
Hey Wrencher, It's been a "few" months since I last posted on this thread as I am now just getting to the point of looking for my riser bracket from a wrecked cab. Do you happen to know how far over from either side you welded the riser bracket onto the panel? I need to make sure I put in in the right spot so when I get new rear seats, they don't interfere with the belt.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I will have to measure it again..... It's been a while:grin2: Pick a good spot on the cab before you remove it and use the same point on your cab.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts