The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a 2012 F350 6.7 that wouldn't start today. The last time I drove the truck I parked it with the traction control off, in 4 wheel high and in tow mode. I plugged in the block heater, which I normally don't do but it's been below zero here lately (Wisconsin). I only use the truck for towing or plowing. I didn't have any warnng lights before this.

The following morning after plowing, I went to start my truck and it was dead. The dash was flashing the "Service AdvanceTrac" warning and "Hill Descent Control Fault" The traction control off light was lit and the truck wouldn't start. (I never use the parking brake). I read several threads about the plug above the emergeny brake. I checked the pins and plugged and unplugged it several times with no change.

I ran two different code readers and the only code is U0101 (Lost Communication with TCM: No Sub Type information. I also have a B10F1 (Key in switch Circuit Short to ground Open) I've had that code for the past 2 or three years. I changed the alternator and batteries, so I'm assuming there is a bare wire somewhere, but I don't believe that is related to my new problem.

I noticed if I place the truck in neutral it will start, but the gear shift indicator doesn't light up to show which gear you are in and it continually shows the AdvanceTrac and Hill Descent codes. The 4WD didn't appear to be working until I put the hubs in manual mode. It will only run for about 15 minutes and will die, similar to letting the remote start run too long.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm at a loss. I tried unplugging the batteries and even jumping the positive to the unhooked negative to clear the codes with no luck. I'm about ready to have it towed to the dealership.. I also removed the driverside fender skirt and checked for rubbed wires and wiggled the plugs with no change. Everything worked fine when I parked it.

Due to the cold weather, I'm running a heater over night. I'm assuming there is the possibly something froze up with all the sub zero temperatures.

Thanks in advance for your HELP!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick update! I ended up towing my truck to the dealer. The problem was a bad Transmission Control Module (TCM). The dealership wants $845, which is expected. The proplem is the high demand for the TCM modules. According to my Ford dealer, they have only found four other Ford Dealerships that have the part in stock. Thanks for your help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts