The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with the DEF tank not resetting. I have 93K miles and this is the first time it hasn't reset. I've filled the DEF tank to maximum capacity, any thoughts before I take it into the dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
Give it a few restarts. It has something to do with how the sensors and system recognize the level. I just can't explain why these systems weren't done differently.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Same thing is happening to me. I got a CEL yesterday, topped off the DEF to where no more would go in.
CEL went out today, but DEF is still showing 1/2 tank.

I'm still taking mint to dealer tomorrow. I really need my truck over the next 2 weeks and can't be stranded.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You would think after having invented a fuel gauge how many years ago, it would be fairly simple to deal with another tank that gets filled and emptied and refilled again. I sit here really baffled by the built in complexity of this def measuring system. Just another reason I'm not ready to go back to a diesel. Man I miss the fun! I don't miss bulsh*t like this. :|

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I'm having an issue with the DEF tank not resetting. I have 93K miles and this is the first time it hasn't reset...
...I'm still taking mint to dealer tomorrow. I really need my truck over the next 2 weeks and can't be stranded.
Hey, folks!

Come back and tell us how your dealer appointments go. I'll be able to jump in and assist once they've diagnosed.

Lincster - how many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Crystal,
I only have 34,000 miles on my truck.

I started up my truck today and now everything works like it should........

I don't know if the dealer would look at it as every sensor is working now.

I will see how it goes.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Crystal,
I only have 34,000 miles on my truck.

I started up my truck today and now everything works like it should........

I don't know if the dealer would look at it as every sensor is working now.

I will see how it goes.
I'm glad to hear that things are back to normal, lincster. If you need any help in the future, just say the word.

Crystal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts