The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2014 F-250 with 148k miles nothing upgraded except a new cool side turbo tube. Went to pull a empty 24' lowboy trailer and it was embarrassing with the lack of power. I couldn't hit 70 unless i was going down hill. Climbing hills I was lucky to be going 55 to 60. My trans temps kept climbing too, from 220 to peak of 241. I just got done with changing the trans fluid and filter. I even hit 220 empty. Need advise.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I would advise you to get it looked at.

Okay, sorry, I can't help much besides the smarta$$ remark. But I will say something is certainly not right. I wonder if you have some kind of clogged emission issue (cat converter) or something along those lines. I could hold 70 with cruise control through most hills around here with my 2011 and my 30' 5th wheel (about 11K). Granted they're not big, but still it never even balked at them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed - I will look into that.
Stroking it - i have boost. its about 20 psi max and steady around 10 psi

·
Registered
868 Posts
I’m wondering if you are showing any codes. Do you have a “check engine” light?
My bone stock 2013 DRW F-350 has towed our 16,400 pound 5th wheel over many steep, difficult mountain passes & I don’t believe I’ve had my foot to the floor yet. ‘No problem maintaining a reasonable speed. Your issue is definitely not the norm.

Reactions: nrsteinruck

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Agreed with the others. Your DPF is probably clogging up, which like a Cat on a gas engine that clogs, reduces power greatly. Because the engine is lacking power, it is forcing the transmission to work harder too, which would explain the trans temps going high.

Reactions: nrsteinruck
1 - 7 of 7 Posts