The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I tackled the issue of changing out both fuel filters on my 2015 F250 Lariat. Followed each step just like the Ford manual had it in the book. Cycled the truck 6 times for 30 seconds each time. The truck would turn over but not fire off! So I removed everything again step by step. I repeated the process twice and finally 3.5 hours later had it towed to the dealership.

What a disaster of day!!

Anybody else have any similar issues? Each time I removed the filters you could see it was getting fuel.

Thanks
CM

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sounds like you had an air leak. Did you replace the rubber gasket on the DFCM on the frame rail AND tighten it until it hits the stop?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Be patient, cycle it more. I only do one filter at a time, it seems to help. If it really won't start take off the return line on the engine mounted filter and purge the air. I had a 6.4 towed in for this once and after being shaken on the truck fired right up.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
I did both of mine last month, and like you, followed step by step directions. Usually, I'm the one on here, cursing the operation, but this time, everything went smoothly, and it fired right up. I was concerned about tightening the bottom filter, not knowing if I had tightened enough and I was concerned about the engine mounted filter, not being confident of that connection. Perhaps you should check those items.

·
Registered
740 Posts
There is a tab on the frame mounted filter for the stop, I and others have cracked that off from over tightening, same with a socket on the plastic nut. Use a strap wrench. Somehow I nicked the o ring once and had a leak there. That was fun diagnosing. Search my user name and you will find pics.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There are some good U-Tube video's showing the oil change on the both Fuel Filter's.
Just for information, for later on.
Scott

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
You've got to lube the threads on the frame mounted filter housing so it goes up easy and hits the stop. Also the oring of course has to be in the right groove. Usually the issues we have here is the frame mounted one.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Did both of mine yesterday.

New o ring, lubed, tightened to stop, I watched as I turned it.
Engine mounted one was a piece of cake.

Cycled 4 times and it fired right up.

No problem.

This was the 3rd time I've done them.

Also replaced all air filters and changed the oil/filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts