The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new year to me. After losing my truck for a Month back in October for an oil leak from the oil separator and an oil cooler replacement at 2,500 miles here we are at 5,900. Washed my truck yesterday morning, park it in the garage and go take a shower. Come back out and open the door to find the cab filled with smoke.

Open the doors and air it out, find smoke trailing out of the dash vents. Smelled to me like Freon. Drive over to my garage and park it in the driveway, check back about 10 mins later and find the same thing- nasty smell on the cab and smoke all over trailing out of the dash vents.

I am guessing this smoke was freon all draining from the system, it smells terrible in my cab now. Also found this in the driveway this morning, looks like pag oil/dye? Is this common on these trucks? I can't believe this is happening on a 60+k truck, makes me miss my Cummins more and more each day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am guessing the Evaporator core failed somehow because I have pag oil/leak dye on the firewall dripping down to the frame rail. This sucks because of its the evaporator then the dash has to come out, I cannot wait for the squeaks and rattles after that ordeal. The smoke has to be Freon, it is still doing it if I remote start the truck which kicks on the defrost (ac compressor) but not when I select feet or face vents.

With the black light-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer let me know the Evaporator core split/failed/blew up and thats what caused the cab to fill with freon. So that means the Dash has to come out along with the heater core, cooling system drained for the 2nd time in 6,000 miles. This is going well.

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Well it's your call.....drop it or stick with it. I'm over 36k and quite happy with the truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer let me know the Evaporator core split/failed/blew up and thats what caused the cab to fill with freon. So that means the Dash has to come out along with the heater core, cooling system drained for the 2nd time in 6,000 miles. This is going well.
Sorry to hear about the problems with your new truck!
To take advantage of a bad situation…If your truck doesn’t have the up-fitter switches on it, I would recommend you have that work done while they have the dash out. It would make it super easy and who knows Ford might even pay for it since you had this type problem on a truck that is so new with very low miles?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts