The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm attempting to order mudflaps for the new '15 before it comes in in a couple weeks. I want to determine the length to the ground on the new F450's, as I'd like to get them a little lower to the ground to limit the stone chips to the rear fenders. I need to know the distance to the ground from hole "A" on this diagram.
Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the standard Duraflaps on my '11. The fronts run about 6" from the ground. Just trying to determine if I can go a little longer to help keep the stone chips down. I'm not sure if the ride height on the new '15 450's is exactly the same as the older ones. I guess I might have to wait a week or so for mine to come in :thumbsup:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the stainless ones from Ford on my F-450. They look awesome.
Care to share the awesomeness with a picture? :bigthumb:

I have the stainless ones on the 11 with chrome pkg. Was trying to decide if the plain ones would look better to go with the KR's lack of chrome. Tough decisions, LOL

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm attempting to order mudflaps for the new '15 before it comes in in a couple weeks. I want to determine the length to the ground on the new F450's, as I'd like to get them a little lower to the ground to limit the stone chips to the rear fenders. I need to know the distance to the ground from hole "A" on this diagram.
Thanks for your help :thumbsup:
26 1/2" Put pictures up as I was possibly looking at DuraFlaps and I was wondering the same thing. Are you getting rears also?

·
Vendor
10 Posts
The DuraFlap drill-less installation mud flaps are initially fit up for the standard length to hang about 9" off the ground on the front and the rear of the single rear wheel trucks. The extra long are 2"longer. They are a great choice for those wanting to protect further back on their truck, those with a level kit or small lift and those wanting to protect a boat or trailer.
We design the dually rear mud flaps to be 7" off the ground from the start since those trucks are usually used to tow.
THe front 2011-2016 F450 mud flaps hang 9" below the fender well and the extra-long are 11". They are available in either 12" or 14" widths.
These numbers do not stay the same if you put aftermarket taller tires or wheels on so we prefer to list on our site how far below the truck the mud flaps hang. Then you can compare that to your truck to determine the best length for you. Of course, we can also custom lengthen or custom shift the mud flaps for those with aftermarket wheels that are shifted outward.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts