The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JPoses posted for me last week about my A/C problem. I purchased this truck 2015 Ford F-250 Platinum new in January. Started out having problems with the remote start working. Sometimes would start the truck sometimes not. First trip out of town in it had to have it towed back 200 or so miles. After several times to the dealer and them replacing the pcm, instrument cluster, hvac module and rechecking all the connections they finally got the remote start to work properly. Starts fine with the remote now. Saying all this to give everybody a understanding why I thought the problem I am having was remote related. I do live in south Texas and the heat is on down here. Was not hot when I purchased the truck in January. The problem I am having is I drive with my A/C in auto set at around 72 to 73 deg. When I stop and shut off the truck and leave it set for any amount of time. When I use the remote to start the truck and then get in and put the key in the ignition and turn it forward it usually is still warm in the truck but blowing cool. I reach over to the A/C climate control knob to turn it to a lower setting and the fan will turn way down. Like not blowing. When I turn the knob back to 72 deg. it will blow again but the truck A/C doesn't keep up. Know if I turn the truck off with the key and turn it back on it will work like it should instantly or if I start it with the key instead of the remote but that seems to defeat the purpose of having the remote start. Someone posted it was made like that for safety reasons so you don't get to cold and I guess have a wreck. That's not anything I have to worry about for sure. Anyone else with this issue.

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
I think Ford has missed the boat for function with the remote start and climate control. Try this next time: Before you shut down the truck place the climate control to AUTO, set temp to LO, make sure the AC is on with the fan at the highest setting. Upon using the remote start the system will be running, DO NOT adjust the temp.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a 2015 F350 SRW and have had what I call minor issues with the remote.

You have to be pretty close to the truck to get it to start which in many cases forsakes the benefit of the remote start.

The AC is screwed up, but you can usually fix it by shutting it off for a few seconds and turn it back on.

I think the lawyers at Ford programmed this feature.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
The factory remote start that uses the buttons on the key fob is limited to about 30 feet per your owner's manual. It works as intended by Ford. If you want longer range remote start do a search for Remote Access or Long range remote start or bi-directional remote start.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
In the 'FWIW' department, I had an aftermarket Viper Alarm and Remote Start system installed on my truck as soon as I got it in 1999, and boy, am I spoiled. I have learned to leave the air conditioner setting on Max Air, the fan blower a couple of notches fast, and the button set on Recirculate. That keeps the air conditioner only cooling the air in the cab. It doesn't mean I won't have to roll a rear window down for a minute to get the hot air to exit, but this method helps the truck cool down pretty quickly. And it is a given that being on the upper Texas coast with 80 to 90 percent humidity, I run this way from April until about November.

just my .02 cents worth

short_stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts