The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry that things aren't working out for you. 149,000 miles on ours and the only problem we have had with the engine was the EGR cooler and a couple of EGR temp sensors. If the HPFP was a bad design, I would think that we would have seen it in our van by this time.

Parts availability is an issue, but I'm not too surprised. Last time I went down tot he dealer to stock up on fuel filters, they told me that they haven't sold any to anyone but me meaning that there aren almost no Diesel Transits around town.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is unfortunate you had an issue with your pump. I have also heard of a few bad dealers trying to get away with voiding warranties so they don't have to work on them. In most cases it was resolved, with the customers coming out ahead, with just a little bit of persistent phone calls to Ford corporate.

You might want to ask the dealer how they came up with the conclusion that the fuel was contaminated and ask if they sent a sample in to have tested or even if they took pictures of the contamination. Chances are they didn't, which would be a good case to bring up to Ford. In fact, you should take a fuel sample yourself and send it in to have tested. The results from the test does hold up better than the dealers word of mouth.

As such, one problem with one part (and a questionable dealership) will not make anyone run away from any diesel. You are correct though about limited support at this time with the transit.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So I was talking with my old boss the other day and he said that the Transit had lost the transmission. I'm guessing about 225,000 miles or so. Cost was $2800 plus installation.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts