Ford Announces 2015/2016 MY Shelby GT350 including a Limited Edition of the 2015 MY and Full 2016 MY production.
- We are announcing today the Shelby GT350 Model Years. Ford is excited to announce a limited run of Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustangs will be produced for 2015 in recognition of the 50th anniversary of the nameplate.
- In conjunction with this we are launching the 2016 MY Shelby GT350 Allocation Plan. This will be for 2016 MY only. Ford Division Field Managers will be contacting Shelby enrolled dealers directly with their allocation.
- The very limited (137) volume of 2015 MY allocation will be covered in a later communication.
- The original Shelby GT350, introduced in 1965, established Mustang’s performance credentials on racetracks around the world. The all-new Shelby GT350, featuring the most powerful naturally aspirated Ford production engine ever, re-establishes Mustang as a world-class sports car.
- Only 100 Shelby GT350 models (50 Technology Package and 50 Track Packages), and 37 R’s will feature a 2015 model year designation before production switches over to a full 2016 MY.
- The Ford Press Release will be available to the press on Tuesday April 28th and will probably appear in print and online enthusiast sites. You can access the press release at the Ford Motor Company - Media Center